Tow Bars & Accessories
Regardless of whether you are towing a well-loved caravan, a new camper trailer or a trailer full of work tools, a good quality tow bar gives you the freedom and flexibility to take your life out on the road.
ARB stocks a range of tow bars and accessories including the renowned Hayman Reese tow bar range to help put your plans into action. Hayman Reese tow bars are designed and manufactured to comply with relevant Australian Design Rules and Standards, and the highest quality is ensured throughout the production process.
Hitch receivers, tow balls and other accessories are also available through ARB. We are continually adding new products to this range so please contact your nearest ARB store for the latest additions.
TOW BARS AND ACCESSORIES
Hayman Reese Tow Bars
Australia's leading tow bar manufacturer since 1951, Hayman Reese designs, manufactures, tests and distributes a range of vehicle towing systems to ensure there is a solution for whatever you're towing, be it a caravan, trailer or boat.
ARB specialises in supplying tow bar systems to suit a large range of four wheel drive and commercial vehicles. Designed to provide adequate ground clearance for 4WD vehicles, the Hayman Reese range means you can tow with confidence both on road and off.
- Meets or exceeds ADR requirements
- Lifetime product warranty
- Supported by ARB's national distribution network
- Tow bar ratings matched to vehicle manufacturer's specifications
- Includes socket and wiring when fitted by ARB
- Designed to work with other accessories that ARB supplies, such as fuel tanks and wheel carriers
- SmartClick™ Plug-In Wiring Solutions
Hayman Reese Weight Distribution Systems
A Hayman Reese Weight Distribution System is designed to assist in restoring the geometry of the tow vehicle to its natural state.
When a trailer is coupled to a tow vehicle, the trailer's total ball weight is applied directly onto the rear section of the vehicle between the rear axle and tow ball. Like a seesaw, this will transfer the weight from the front and cause the front suspension to lift. When you're out on the road, this setup can cause unnerving trailer sway, reduced steering and braking responsiveness, less traction and misaligned headlamps.
Although the ball weight remains the same, a Weight Distribution System ensures the load is evenly distributed through the vehicle's chassis to all four wheels, helping to alleviate common problems associated with towing. Coming with a Hayman Reese lifetime warranty, a carefully matched system is the perfect solution to regain control of your vehicle and help to improve the quality and enjoyment of your towing experience.
With varying vehicle manufacturer recommendations and a multitude of options available, we recommend you speak to one of our trained sales staff to find the most appropriate system for your requirements.
Other accessories in the Weight Distribution System range include:
- Drop shanks
- Hitch park
- Safety chain extenders
- Boat trailer adaptor
- Friction sway controller
- Dual cam high-performanceTM sway controller
Electric Trailer Brake Controllers
Electric trailer brake controllers provide brake activation to trailers fitted with electric brake actuators.
The Redarc Tow-Pro is a remote head electric trailer brake controller that allows the driver to switch between automatic (inertia sensing) and user controlled trailer braking modes to suit the terrain or driver preference. The Tow-Pro is designed to suit most common trailer braking applications and can run from either 12 or 24 volt vehicle systems without additional wiring or components.
- Automatic (inertia sensing) and user-controlled modes
- Smooth trailer braking response
- Electric/hydraulic operation
- Meets ADR21 safety standards
- Suitable for all vehicles
- Compact size requiring minimal dash space
Redarc Electric Brake Controllers
Two Redarc models are available from ARB to suit trailers with up to three axles. Both are easy to install and use, and feature a dial to adjust braking force and an LED light to indicate when the brakes are on.
- An electric trailer brake controller to suit most applications
- Manual over-ride capability in EB and EBRH
- Compact and easy to install
ARB also carries the Hayman Reese Guardian IQ and Sentinel brake controllers, both of which are SmartClick™ compatible for plug and play functionality.
* Redarc EBRH model pictured
The Drop Hitch eliminates the need to unhitch your off road camper, caravan, boat or horse float when you need to access the rear of your four wheel drive.
Many four wheel drives have the spare wheel mounted on or near the rear barn door. For many vehicles, the rear door cannot be opened when you attach a camper, caravan or boat.
The Tow Hitch uses the existing jockey wheel to lower the attached trailer without unhitching. This allows the rear barn door to be opened fully without obstruction, providing access to gear in the back of the vehicle.
- Intended for use with the AT35, Tregg, Hyland and DO35 coupler or similar and any AS standard 50mm ball coupling
- Laser cut from oil pickled steel for accurate tolerances
- Allows opening of the rear door without the need to unhitch
- Raise or lower the drop hitch to level a camper trailer for overnight stops
- Protects the trailer hitch from dirt ingress by eliminating the need to unhitch
- Increases safety by avoiding trailer roll away
- Zinc plated for corrosion resistance
- 4140 high strength steel pins
- Welding complies to AS 1554:1 SP
- Tested and compliant to ADR requirements
- 3 year warranty
Other Towing Accessories
ARB stocks a host of other accessories to ensure your towing experience is hassle free.
We are continually adding new products to this range so please speak with your nearest ARB store for the latest additions.
- Adjustable ball mount
- Boat trailer adaptor
- Circuit breakers
- Hayman Reese SmartClickTM Wiring Solutions
- Hayman Reese InterlockTM Trailer Ball Mounts and Tow Ball
- Hitch park
- Hitch pins
- Hitch receivers
- KT Cables trailer accessory plugs, sockets and adaptors
- Pintle hooks
- Safety chain extenders
- Sway controller
- Tails and tow balls