Gift Card FAQ
Where can the ARB gift card be used?
The ARB gift card can be redeemed at ARB stores and authorised stockists nationwide. To find your closest store go to www.arb.com.au/stores. Gift cards cannot be used online or for any mail or phone orders.
Is the balance updated automatically?
Each time you use your gift card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from the card balance as it is swiped through the EFTPOS pinpad and the transaction approved. If the transaction is declined the funds are not deducted as there is not enough balance to allow the transaction to be completed. You, the cardholder can check their balance online at arb.com.au. It is recommended that you check your balance each time before using your gift card.
What do I do if the EFTPOS pinpad does not approve my gift card transaction?
Check the following:
The EFTPOS network may be off-line. You as the customer will need to provide another payment type or come back when the EFTPOS system is up. You cannot use the gift card when the system is off-line.
ii. The gift card’s magnetic stripe may be damaged. Please contact ARB Head Office for further information.
iii. There may be insufficient funds left on the gift card for the transaction. Please check your card balance online at arb.com.au.
iv. The gift card has expired. Check the expiry date on the back of the card. Refer to arb.com.au and refer to the terms and conditions on the back of the card.
How can I check my gift card’s balance?
You can check your gift card balance using the button above.
Do I have to spend the entire amount of the gift card in a single purchase?
No. gift cards are partially redeemable. Within the card’s validity period, any available balance can be used for multiple purchases at any participating merchant.
Can these gift cards be reloaded with value?
No, these gift cards cannot be re-loaded.
Does a gift card expire?
Yes, an ARB gift card will expire 24 months after the purchase of the card.
Do I receive change on a gift card transaction?
No. The gift card can be used until the balance reaches a nil value, no matter how small the balance.
What happens if I lose my gift card or it was stolen?
Lost or stolen gift cards can only be replaced if you can provide the 19-digit card number or a valid purchase receipt, and there is balance left on the gift card. You must contact ARB Head Office to make this request.
Are there Terms and Conditions that apply to the ARB gift card?
Yes, a brief summary of the Terms and Conditions are printed on the back of the card. You can view the full Terms and Conditions below.
Gift Card Terms and Conditions
These conditions apply to use of the ARB gift card (gift card), issued by ARB Corporation Ltd ABN 31 006 708 756 (we, us, our). If you let another person use your gift card, you must tell them that they will be bound by these terms and conditions. Victorian law applies to these terms and conditions. By using your gift card you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
The gift card may be used to purchase goods or services at ARB stores and authorised stockists in Australia, provided that the gift card has enough unused value to make the purchase.
- Gift cards will be activated upon purchase and cannot be redeemed for cash, reloaded, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new gift card, or be replaced after expiry and are not legal tender, account cards, debit or credit cards or securities.
- Keep your gift card secure – anyone holding the gift card can use its value to make purchases. If your gift card is lost or stolen, or you suspect an unauthorised transaction, immediately report this by calling 03 9761 6622. We may be able to stop the gift card value being used, but require the card number, original balance and expiry date.
- We may replace a faulty, lost or stolen gift card. Any replacement gift card will have the same unused value (at the time of replacement) and original expiry date. Call 03 9761 6622 if you need to do this. You must have the reference number (located on the back of the gift card) and return the damaged card to ARB Corporation Ltd. We recommend that you make a record of the reference number and keep separate from your gift card. Gift cards will be void if they are defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way. We may subject gift cards to verification and security checks in our absolute discretion.
- If you have a query or complaint about the gift card, please check the FAQs on this website, ask in an ARB store or phone 03 9761 6622. Except for rights which cannot be excluded, any conditions or warranties implied or imposed by legislation or otherwise are excluded from these conditions of use. To the extent permitted by law, our liability is limited to replacing faulty gift cards.
- If you think there has been a mistaken transaction on your gift card contact the ARB store or authorised stockist where the mistake was made.
- We may cancel any gift card, or the gift card scheme, for any reason at any time without notice. If so, we may either provide a refund or a replacement gift card of equivalent value unless we reasonably suspect fraud in relation to a gift card. The gift card remains our property.
- Expiry date: the gift card will expire two years after the date of issue. Check the expiry date on your gift card as soon as you receive it. After the gift card has expired, it is no longer valid. All transactions will be declined. Unused value will not be refunded and will become our property.
We can vary or replace these conditions of use from time to time (including to introduce new fees) by publishing a notice on the website www.arb.com.au/giftcards. The current version of these conditions is available through our website www.arb.com.au/giftcards.
ARB Corporation Ltd ABN 31 006 708 756 of 42-44 Garden Street, Kilsyth Victoria 3137.