Old Man Emu Springs
When undertaking remote area travel, the need to carry sufficient fuel, water, vehicle spares and safety equipment invariably means that your 4WD will be fully loaded, placing a lot of strain on suspension components. Combine this with punishing off road conditions, and the limitations of standard springs soon become apparent.
Whether it’s coils, leaves or torsion bars, Old Man Emu springs are designed to improve the load carrying capability of your 4WD, allowing you to tackle more challenging terrain with confidence.
Old Man Emu leaf springs are engineered to provide optimum ride performance irrespective of the operating conditions in which they operate.
Numerous spring options are available to suit a multitude of applications, allowing you to set your vehicle up for recreational or commercial purposes. Feature packed, a set of Old Man Emu leaf springs, matched to a set of Old Man Emu 4×4 shock absorbers will deliver vastly improved ride, handling and load carrying capability.
Leaf Spring Features
- Draw tapered and diamond cut leaves ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends, increasing ride comfort and longevity
- Leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners
- Fully scragged to ensure the spring takes a permanent ‘set’ which reduces the risk of sagging
- Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification
- Military wrap designed to provide added safety
- Re-greasable nylon interleaf anti friction pads reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest
- Flat axle seat area allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress and increasing spring life
- The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring
- Two-stage leaf pack featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen, the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added
PLEASE NOTE: Most Old Man Emu Leaf Springs have all the listed features, but where design or a physical limitation exists, one or more of these features may not be incorporated. Please check with your OME licensed dealer for further information.
Should your Old Man Emu 4WD suspension system include leaf springs, bushes require periodic lubrication to ensure longevity. OME greasable shackles and pins facilitate this without the need to remove the shackles, greatly reducing the time and effort involved.
- Unique, easy bolt together assembly eliminates out of angle ‘shackle pin to side plate’ problems commonly associated with press fit assemblies
- Each pin has two grease outlet holes to guarantee maximum grease coverage between the shackle pin and the spring bush – increasing bush life and improving ride quality
- Heat treated pins ensure long life under heavy loads and off road conditions
- Side plates are zinc plated for protection against corrosion
ARB designs an extensive range of Old Man Emu coil springs for each vehicle, using state of the art micro-alloyed spring steel to ensure superior resistance to sagging and corrosion. With such a wide range on offer, coil springs can be better matched to your specific load requirements and intended vehicle usage.
While ride height increases are attained, a greater emphasis is placed on ride control improvements. Further fine tuning is achieved when the springs are matched to a corresponding set of Old Man Emu shock absorbers, delivering a fully integrated system designed specifically to suit your vehicle.
Coil Spring Features
- Manufactured from state of the art micro-alloyed spring steel for superior strength and durability
- Double scragged before and after shot peening to reduce spring stress and enhance spring life
- Constant and variable rate coils available for multiple applications
- Formed on computer controlled, precision mandrels to ensure manufacturing consistency
- Spring end configurations designed to exact specifications, guaranteeing perfect fitment to your vehicle
- Finished in durable, hard wearing black powder coat
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Old Man Emu Torsion Bars dramatically improve your vehicle’s ride and handling, both on road and off.
They are designed and set for optimum ride performance, while maintaining maximum wheel travel which is crucial during off road driving. Old Man Emu Torsion Bars work best when Old Man Emu coil or leaf springs are fitted to the rear of your vehicle, with bars and springs then carefully matched to our premium range of 4WD shock absorbers. Together, they’ll transform your vehicle’s suspension performance.
Torsion Bar Features
- Manufactured from premium grade spring steel with a resilient powder coat to protect against corrosion
- Precision drawn, dropped forged ends for optimal strength and integrity
- Pressure rolled splines for precise fitment and increased spline durability
- Hardened and tempered to exact specifications for improved performance
- Preset and hardened to prevent sagging and increase life cycle